Briggs Farm is the perfect venue for your next party, wedding, company picnic, or gathering . . . whatever the celebration, make it special in our authentic farm setting amid the bluffs of the scenic Cedar Valley. We provide:
- A spectacular view from our picnic grounds, which include a deck, patio, and lawn tables
- Access to the farmhouse
- Extensive farm grounds to explore, plus 15 miles of trails (perfect for nature hikes)
- Tire swing plus (on request) outdoor games: cornhole, bocce balls, croquet, badminton, and volleyball
- Portable toilet available for large groups
Need something special, like an event tent, stage, or sound system? Steve will work with you to get what you need. See “Event Vendors” below for rental rates from Winona Rental.
- See our Weddings page for details on special wedding packages.
- Send guests to our Directions page for directions to the farm.
- Please, no dogs at the farm, both for their safety and for the well-being of the farm animals and wildlife. Thanks for understanding!
Add the following items to your party for an additional fee (select under “Additional Items” on the reservation screen):
- Wood-fired pizzas made on the spot in our outdoor brick oven. Optionally, your guests can roll out and top their own pizzas with Steve’s guidance—a fun group event, especially for kids. Use of the farm is free with an order of 10 or more pizzas.
- A hay ride along some of our fifteen miles of trails is the perfect way to enjoy the Cedar Valley. Then roast marshmallows or just enjoy the warmth of a roaring bonfire.
Reserving the farm for your event
- To reserve the farm for your event, go to the Reservations page and reserve the farm for the day of your event.
- After you click on the “Reserve” button, you will have the option to add additional items (such as pizza) in the “Additional Items” menu. Reserving pizza will zero out the cost of reserving the farm.
- In the Comments section of the reservation form, please indicate the start and end time of your party. Your reservation gives you access to the farm for four hours. (If you need the farm for a longer period, contact Steve at 507-450-9902.)
- Please note: If your event begins before 2 p.m., Steve will need to confirm your reservation to make sure that any guests from the prior evening will be checked out in time to prepare for your event. A two-day reservation is required for weddings to ensure adequate time to prepare for your special day.
As always, you can call Steve Briggs for more information: (507) 450-9902.
Renting Tents and Other Equipment from Winona Rental
You are free to rent equipment from any vendor you like; in the past, however, we have worked with Winona Rental, and found them to be reasonable and reliable. Here are their rental rates, as of October 2014:
|20x20 tent (for 40 people)||$220|
|20x30 tent (60 people)||$260|
|20x40 tent (80 people)||$325|
|4'x4' section of dance floor (connect up to 25 squares)||$30|
|5' and 6' round tables||$15.10|
|8' banquet table||$10.26|
|Stand-up cocktail table||$10.26|
Call Bryan at Winona Rental 24 hours a day at 507-313-0526 for details.
Catering by Blue Heron
You may contract with any caterer you like, but if you are looking for a caterer, you might consider Blue Heron.Coffeehouse. They have worked several large events out at the farm. You can reach them at 452-7020.